Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Frock and heels....

See, i told you this was a fashion blog...!  So yes, this evening while driving a very long way home from a very long way away, i was reflecting on my attire...  Believe it or not, when i'm not whizzing around on bicycles or writing the latest new fabulous fashion blog on the block, i have a day job.  Which involves in part, standing up in front of a room full of people and showing them things.  No, not those sort of things!!  Computery type stuff.

Honestly, you people.

So its important that i look presentable and also can move and am comfortable.   And i've experimented with variants on wide-leg trousers and tops and so far so katherine hepburn, its certainly a look.  But.  I have rediscovered the frock.  I mean yeah, i've been known to wear some seriously age-inappropriate short/sparkly etc dresses for nights out, but generally i've been a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal.  So 'smart' easily translates to trousers not jeans and smarter top not t-shirt, which has been ok but lacked a certain something.  And has a habit of getting a bit uncomfortable or tight or sweaty or generally not nice to wear, especially on 4 hour motorway journeys...

However, i'm a bit of a funny shape.  I'm tall but my height is in my body, so my legs are probably as long as someone else's who's 2 or 3 inches shorter than me.  Doesn't sound a lot but it puts my waist in the 'wrong' place for a lot of stuff to look right.  And short is completely inappropriate for work, while long is too 'evening' and makes me look like a tree.

So, its taken me a while to find my dress shape, but now i've found it..!  And blimmin 'eck, not to blow my own trumpet, but it works.  Basically, all one colour, ideally wrappy or scoopy top (draw attention away from my waist and makes my boobs look bigger), and just above knee length.  Pretty simple actually, the less mucking about the better...

And better still, it works with boots.  Boots are good, i like boots.  Don't get me wrong, i love shoes.  I have a shoe collection of the most pointy, heely fabulous shoes, none of which ever get worn..!  I just can't keep them on my feet and i feel weird with my feet sticking out.  And toe cleavage, i mean, i know its supposed to be sexy, but i don't get it..!  It just looks like your shoes don't fit!

So, this time of year, much as i hate the dark and the rain and the cold, at least i don't get odd looks for wearing boots!  Knee high for choice, heels of course dahling (sorts the leg thing out, and y'know what?  I'd be tall in flats, so what the hell), and because i used to be a goff, black and shiny with buckles on are always good but i'm open to brown...

No comments:

Post a Comment